Safety Operation Manager
On Site D1 – Fulltime Position
We are looking to hire a Base Operations Manager for our forthcoming season with City Kayaking. You will be highly safety orientated and ensure that best practise safety procedures and protocols are upheld throughout the season. Your role will be at our kayaking base in D.1 and you will oversee day-to-day operations managing the base. We envisage that this role would suit people with previous experience managing staff and operating a safety boat. Applications from RNLI, Sea Scouts, Outdoor Adventure Management, Coastguard and Civil Defence and Emergency Services most welcome!
- Familiarising yourself and providing training to all staff on day-to-day safety operations
- Hiring Safety Boat Operators
- Scheduling staff throughout the season to cover bookings and providing weekly reports on labour and operating costs
- Managing our booking engine
- Daily briefing with staff outlining bookings, weather and tidal conditions
- Ensuring our safety boats are functional and conducting daily checks
- Keeping weekly inventory of fuel, equipment and supplies and ordering equipment etc. where necessary
- Minor troubleshooting and equipment repairs
- Managing and reporting any incidents
- Managing, mentoring and motivating staff
- Managing holiday requests
- Conducting performance reviews
- Fulfilling the day-to-day roles at the base to include welcoming customers, fitting of floatation devices, helping customers in and out of kayaks, driving the safety boat and leading guided tours
- Reporting to the General Manager and Directors
- Developing new programmes and products and project managing new initiatives
We take people out on the River Liffey in kayaks for music tours, guided tours or customers can choose the option of renting kayaks. In all cases, there is /are safety boat(s) on the river, ensuring all kayakers are safe.
These roles are suited to people who enjoy working outdoors in all weathers, don’t mind working Bank Holidays and weekends and are both customer and safety focused. You will have experience driving a safety boat, with the relevant certifications, and enjoy developing staff to reach their full potential.
We are anticipating the role will start in March 2022, but deem this role to be of key importance for our 2022 season
- National Powerboat Certificate with safety boat driving experience
- Management. Proven experience in staff training, staff scheduling and ongoing staff development.
- Project Management experience
Nice to Have
- First Aid CPR certificate
- VHF license
Please send your CV (2 pages max) across to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter outlining your suitability for, and interest in this role. Salary will be commensurate with experience.